Recipe: Pizza Rolls

Far be it from me to advertise myself as a culinary genius - a surprising amount of my cooking turns out burnt or inedible!  So I have my friend Amanda to thank for this simple recipe that the boys love and even I couldn't ruin!

Pizza Rolls

Ingredients:
300g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon caster sugar
30g butter
180ml milk

Plus passata/tomato puree and a small amount of grated cheese (about 50-60g) for the topping

Mix flour, butter and sugar in bowl, and rub together thoroughly
Add milk, mix and knead to a smooth dough
Roll dough out to a roughly rectangular shape
Top with tomato puree/passata and cheese - at this point you can add other topping (like 'hidden' vegetables!) - as if you were making a regular pizza
Roll the dough up into a sausage shape (it helps to cut it in half first) and cut into evenly size pieces (I made 18 from this recipe but expert bakers might make more)
Place the rolls on a baking tray on their sides (so that you're looking at the roll pattern from above)

Bake in the oven on a medium heat for around 15 mins or until it looks done - watch it for catching on the bottom.

Eat!

Yum!!

Comments

Popular Posts